Sunday 28 July 2013

Review on the Kate Moss lipsticks


If you ask anyone I know they will tell you that my favourite makeup product is lipstick. I just love adding that extra colour to my lips, and to me it finishes my makeup look off. So I really wanted to find a good high street brand that do good lipstick for an affordable price, and I found it... Rimmel London, Kate Moss Lipstick Range.



One thing that I love about them is their colour range, they have pinks from fluorescent pink to a subtle pink, Reds, pinky-reds and a few nudes.

I personally think nude doesn't suit me as I have quiet dark hair and feel it washes me out a bit so I go for colour rather than nude. However, if you are one to go to nude I would recommend you go for the lasting finish Kate Moss lipsticks (The black packaging ones) as there are more off choice as in the matte Kate Moss lipstick range (the red ones) there is only one, 113.






This is quiet a light colour, and if you are a bit scared of applying lipstick then I think this is really good choice as it adds colour to your lips but you can build it up if you want to. I also found it quiet easy to work with. I would recommend this if you are starting out your makeup kit and looking for a good lipstick which is affordable.





This colour lipstick is amazing, if you are new to lipstick I would say not to go for this colour yet as it is such a bold colour. It will look amazing on a night out or just a family party as I think this is a very sophisticated colour. This colour will look amazing throughout autumn/winter/christmas time as I think it is quiet a festive colour.





This is my favourite colour as it looks quiet red but when applied to the lips its a pinky-red kind of colour, it looks SO amazing. This can be worn to work, at home, a party or a family party. You can get so much wear out of this lipstick which is another reason why I love it.




 This is a vibrant cherry red, I would say this is lipstick will make anybody look at your lips as it is quiet bright so if you're not a fan off bright lipsticks then this one is not for you. I think this colour is quiet summery. 






To sum up...

Drying? - I personally think the matte Lipstick range is slightly drying but if you take good care of your lips (use a lip balm) then they should be alright, or even if you put a bit of lip balm on before you put the lipstick on or on top of the lipstick. It shouldn't put you off buying it though. The Lasting Finish range is more hydrating.

Price - Incredible, £5.49 from boots. The colour range is really good, the actual Product its self is amazing, would recommend this lipstick if you're starting your makeup kit especially 05.

How Long it lasts -  I found the matte lipsticks didn't last as long as the Lasting Finish Range. The Lasting finish range claims to last eight hours but I always find I need to top them up every 3 hours. While the matte last for round two hours before they need a bit of a top up. Obviously those times will change depending on what you are doing.

Texture - I love this texture of lipstick, it feels creamy when applying, obviously the matte is less creamy to give it that matte affect.

Packaging -  Simple, but I like it. I especially like the lid as it has the Rimmel crown indented on it.


Pigmentation - Amazing and it lasts for a long time which I think is amazing for a High Street lipstick.

Taste - The lasting finish range has more of a taste to it, which I found very pleasant.



- Click here for the Matte Lipstick range
- And click here for the Lasting Finish Lipstick range




No comments:

Post a Comment